QuickBooks enterprise error code h505 generally occurs when trying to change between the QuickBooks client application on the desktop from single-user mode into multi-user mode. The error is caused by communications issues with QuickBooks as well as the Server. The QuickBooks users may also encounter this QuickBooks desktop error H505 while open the corporate file. It is a QuickBooks business file errors code h505 appears with the following messagethat reads “This business file exists located on another system and QuickBooks requires some assistance connecting.”To learn more about error H505 that occurs when open the corporate file go through the article until the final.
If you’re seeking a quick solution to solve QuickBooks H505 error, get in touch with our certified QuickBooks experts via one of our numbers toll-free (1-888-704-1357)
What causes the QuickBooks Enterprise error H505?
The following are the causes of the error h505 when open the corporate file
- The QuickBooks company file has been damaged or is corrupted.
- QuickBooks services aren’t running from the servers computer.
- The firewall has stopped access to QuickBooks to the client computer.
- The configuration settings for hosting are wrong.
- Quick Troubleshooting Solutions to Get Rid of QuickBooks Company File Error H505
Here is the most efficient method to get rid of QuickBooks desktop error H505:
Read more:- QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
Solution 1. Verify that you have the QuickBooks servers are up and running on the PC
The steps below can help you verify services available on servers:
- Go to your server’s computer and then click on Windows Start. Windows Start menu.
- Launch your Run option using the Windows as well as R keys at the same time.
- Within the run window enter ‘services.msc” and press Enter.
- On the service list, search for QuickBooksDBXX and double-click it. This is the XX that indicates that it is the QuickBooks version.
- Start by selecting the Startup Type and select Automatic.
- The status of the service must be either running or started. Select Start if it’s not either running or started.
- Move your cursor over and then click on the Recovery tab.
- In the First Failure Third failure, Second failure and Subsequent Failure drop-downs, select option
- Restart the Service option.
- Click Apply, then click OK.
- Exit QuickBooks.
- Download the latest Version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Move to downloads and open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Install the application by following the instructions on the screen.
- As well, you acknowledge all terms and conditions.
- After the installation is complete after the installation has completed, it will show on your desktop.
- Now, run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Double-click icon QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open it.
- Go to the Network Issues tab.
- Choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Locate the folder for company files Click Start Scan.
- If you are unable to locate the file then click Browse to find the folder, then start Scan.
- Allow run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager run to correct the firewall permissions in a timely manner.
- Click Close after the scan is complete.
- Connect to the computer to get QuickBooks Desktop error H505 and then open QuickBooks.
- Open the File menu, then select Multi-user Mode.
- If QuickBooks business file issue H505 continues to occur then follow the steps in the following solution.
Read more: Reset QuickBooks admin password
Solution 3. On the server computer, you can add QuickBooks Services to your Windows administrator group.
The steps listed below will aid in setting the permissions properly:
- Browse to the directory that holds the company’s file and click right on it.
- Select Properties and then click Security.
- Select Edit.
- Next, click QBDataServiceUserXX and then click Full Control.
- Click Allow, then apply.
- At last, select OK.
Read more: QuickBooks Error H202
This is all there is to QuickBooks error H505 error in QuickBooks. We hope that you find this article useful and that the issue is resolved. If the issue is still there you can contact QuickBooks support. QuickBooks help desk by calling our customer service phone number ( 1-888-704-1357).